Wednesday 7 January 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

It's 2009!!!!

Well this is my first HOT New Year! I saw the NewYear in, in Cape Town. I had a short break there with my host family and one of the American volunteers. It was really interesting to see South Africa - it is sooo much more Western than here.

Am back in Rehoboth now and am getting ready to go back to school next week. We're having the team over tonight for a camp fire, marshmallows and maybe even a few songs!! :-)

Sometimes staying passionate about things is hard but as I begin the New Year I feel strongly that God is saying to me whatever you do, do it with me at the centre and do it with a passion!!!!

Today we made 200 sandwiches to give out to kids in the town. It is sooooooooooooo hot today that I really didn't feel like it. My passion wasn't quite there but when I got there and we gave the food out the kids faces were so happy and so thankful. Most of them hadn't eaten anything before we arrived. I got to share some time with 2 ladies who were saying they have no money, no job and kids to feed. I told them I would pray, feeling really helpless when one of them said - thats great if you would pray because I believe. It just reminded me that God is in control. If anyone wants something to pray about this week - please pray for them and kids in that block. They need it alot!!!!!!!

Think that's all for now - hope you are all well! I'm off to put my head in the freezer for a bit!

Keep in touch - thank you so much for your letters, prayers and support!!

XX

5 comments:

Gordon said...

Dear Catherine,
Happy New Year! Glad it was hot with you; Bristol's been pretty chilly. Went to a Watchnight service at Pendennis; a good way to start the yr.
Do hold on to your passion & conviction; it's what's taken you there. I pray for you & the new term.
God bless,
Gordon.

Cathi Geisler said...

hi its great to hear whats going on. i dont have your email with me. can you email me? its turnthetides@gmail.com. i miss you!!

akjones said...

Hope 2009 is treating you well so far my lovely!

We learnt all about you in Shine last Sunday and the children all wrote postcards to be sent over to the kids you're working with. It's snowy and cold here, very cold!... I can't wait until summer. Must be weird having a hot new year. Had a pretty difficult few weeks but I feel like God is teaching me lots of new exciting stuff! I hope we can skype again sometime soon - it'd be good to see your smilin' face again. x

akjones said...

p.s. I want to send you a book. Shall I send it to the same address? Maybe you can text me to let me know where I should mail it to. Bless u x x x x x x x x x x x

Gordon said...

Dear Catherine,
Hope you are OK as no blog since Jan. Spent good wkend in Kent, spring on its way.
Look forward to your news.
God bless,
Gordon.