Friday 7 November 2008

Hi everyone!

Have made it to a computer that is online!! Just finished a day at school- exams start at the end of next week as the school year ends here in December. Them I'm on my summer hols!!

Things are going well. Am finding some things tough at school and the am meeting more and more people in very hard situations. There are so many people in need of food here that sometimes its overwhelming.

I'm moving in a month to live with another AIM volunteer still in Rehoboth. It should b good but I will miss my host family. Will be visiting them alot I'm sure.

How are things there? What have you been doing?

Thank you to everyone who went to the prayer meeting - I REALLY appreciate it!

That's all for now! Time is nearly out!

Loads of Love

Catherine

3 comments:

gillz54 said...

Hi Catherine,
Good to catch up with you on your blog. I'm sure you must be experiencing some very sad things and seeing children who have been through experiences which most adults here will not even have to face. I saw tragic things in South Africa,too, and wondered why the world cannot share all the good things we have, more fairly.
I've not given up hope of visiting you next Easter but I have to have an op. soon and depending on the outcone I may or may not be able to travel next year. I'd value your prayers.
Love, Gill and family
PS Annie has returned to Australia.

AK81 said...

Hi Catherine,

It's great to read you updates and to keep up with all that's going on in Namibia. What an adventure you must be having! I am praying that God will give you the strength to deal with the difficult situations you face over there and I am also praying that you continue to make a huge difference in the lives of the children and adults you are with everyday. It sounds like you're really enjoying the experience and learning lots while you're there. I miss you loads Catherine! Looking forward to hearing more from you soon. Lots of love Katy xoxoxo

Gordon said...

Dear Catherine,
Hope this finds you well, looking forward to the school holidays.
On Nov.5th 17 of us went by minibus to Forest of Dean, with a cream tea at Lindors. Didn't go to a firework display this year.
On Sat at Pendennis there's an Op.Christmas Child concert; the youngsters always do v.well.
Every blessing,
Gordon.